How to add Schoeffer printers to macOS
If you have not already done so, use a link from the Downloads section to download the appropriate installer for the printer you wish to add. Run the installer to add the printer drivers and definition files to your Mac.
IMPORTANT: Do not attempt to use the driver installer to add the printer; this method does not work in our environment.
Open System Preferences
An Add window will appear.
Check for an Advanced icon in your toolbar.
- I do not have an Advanced icon – go to step 6.
- I do have an Advanced icon – skip to step 8.
To add the Advanced icon to your tool bar, right click or CTRL+click on the tool bar and select Customize Toolbar…
Drag the Advanced icon up onto the toolbar to your desired location and click Done.
Click on the Advanced icon.
Enter the following information in the fields of the Advanced Add window:
- Type: Windows printer via spoolss
- Device: Another Device
smb://schoeffer.appsci.queensu.ca/(An example of a printer name would be Copier-BMH200-Xerox5955)
- Name: Enter the name of the printer – this can be the same name used above or a friendly name such as CHEE Copier.
- Location: Building/room where printer is located.
- Use: Generally select Select Printer Software…, locate the appropriate driver for the
printer, and click OK.
Click the Add button.
Not all printers, but some will prompt for you to configure the installed options. Set the options as appropriate to the printer being added. Then click OK.
Send a test print.